Monday, July 15, 2013

Tour de Fleece - almost done!

I have been spinning almost every day during this year's Tour de Fleece. Here's what I've done so far:

I'm not 100% sure what fiber that finished skein is made of....Mary believes it's merino. Whatever it was, it's a combination of a few different color scraps. It was a very fun, and quick spin.

Finn dorset is on my spindle now. I personally dyed this fiber. The camera made the color a bit more blue than it is... It's really a light gray with dark violet tones. It's been easy to spin, as well. I should be finished with this fairly soon. After that, well, I'll have to see what fiber my sister has laying around.

I'm wondering what I can do to improve my spinning technique. A lot of what I spin is overspun, and I tend to spin on the bulky side. I'd like to learn how to not overspin. I suppose practice makes perfect, right? Maybe I need to work on my drafting technique. I'm still a park-n-spin spinner while I predraft all my fiber. I guess I better start doing more research.

1 comment:

  1. Your yarn looks great, fantastic job! The first skein is merino and falkland wool.

    ReplyDelete