Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Knitting Vacation

Last week Tori, our Mom, our Aunt and I went on a knitting cruise to Mexico!  Our Uncle is apart of the wonderful knitting community at A Good Yarn, in Sarasota, Florida, which put together the knitting cruise.  We booked the cruise about a year ago and registered for 3 of the many classes being taught on the cruise.  I registered for Elegant Beaded Scarf, Socks - 2 at a time, and Knitting with Silk Hankies.

In the Elegant Lace Scarf class, I learned how to add beads to my knitting!  How cool is that!?  The pattern we used is the Elegant Beaded Lace Stole by Anniken Allis.


Elegant_beaded_stole_1_small2

I splurged (actually my Mom splurged and bought it for me :) ) on some nice lace weight yarn for this project!  I got Anzula Wash My Lace yarn in the Claret colorway.

The second class I took was Socks - 2 at a time.  We used the Lucky 13 Bed Socks pattern by Julie Weisenberger.  I'm knitting these with my handspun yarn!

Lucky-13-gold-new__37819_std_small2

Last, but not least, I took the Knitting with Silk Hankies class.  For this class, we started knitting a simple cowl.  This is my first time knitting with silk hankies and I absolutely LOVE IT!  

I'll keep you posted on my progress with all three of these projects and will be back with more on the cruise!


No comments:

Post a Comment