Monday, April 29, 2013

Pink Amvets Sweater Refashion

I've done my first sweater to cardigan refashion!  I picked up this cute little number at my local Amvets thrift store for $6.


It's a cute 3/4 sleeve cotton lace sweater that hits me right above my hips.


I cut it down the middle front then hemmed it to create a "button band."  (Button band is in quotes since there are no actual buttons)


 I plan on attaching a hook and eye closure.  I was running late for a party so had to settle for a safety pin in these pictures!  I'm also toying with the idea of shortening the sleeves a bit to hit me right above my elbow.  What do you think?


Other than my lop sided safety pin placement, this sweater was easy peasy!  It's a perfect addition to my wardrobe just in time for Me Made May!




 Are you participating in Me Made May 2013?  If so, what is your challenge?



No comments:

Post a Comment