Friday, January 10, 2014

Colette Pattern's Wardrobe Architect

As a knitter and sewist I tend to lean towards making more pieces for my wardrobe than anything else.  Lately I've been knitting sweaters and (attempting) sewing skirts and dresses.  The finished products don't always match with my current wardrobe and/or lifestyle which can be a huge downer... Enter the Colette Pattern Wardrobe Architect project!  When I saw the post on this project, I instantly knew that it was something that I wanted and NEEDED to participate in!  The Coletterie blog will be posting weekly on this topic helping us to take ownership of our own wardrobe and really make it what we want and need it to be.

Their blog post explains the process best:

"We’ll start with several posts on defining our own styles, and how it relates to who we are. We’ll then get into more pragmatic techniques, like creating uniforms and planning capsule wardrobes. Last, we’ll talk about editing and culling."
-excerpt from Coletterie

I'm so excited for it to get started and am planning on regularly blogging on my progress!  If nothing else, I am hoping that committing to regularly blogging on it will make me more accountable to stay on track.  Wish me luck!

Is anyone else planning on following along?

No comments:

Post a Comment