Monday, January 27, 2014

Wardrobe Architect Progress, Part 2

Have you been following along with Colette Patterns Wardrobe Architect?  This week we are working on defining our own core style.  I saw the title of the post "Defining a Core Style" and thought "Pffft!  This is easy!"  I soooooo already know my core style.  Every single day of my life (that I leave the house) I wear some version of the following: a skirt, tank top, and a cardigan.






I didn't have to dig too far to find just three examples of this.

One of the activities for the Wardrobe Architect was to list 3-5 words which describe your core style.  The words I came up with are:

Eco-friendly: I like to buy second hand pieces to keep them out of the dumpster and give them a new life!
Feminine: I wear a skirt allllll the time!
Hobbies: Both of my hobbies include making my own clothes (knitting and sewing)
Career: My style has definitely swung more towards the dressy side of the spectrum due to my career. 

The next activity was to find pictures to demonstrate our 3-5 words and parts of our core style.  I didn't actually find pictures for each of the words, but while I was searching I realized that I tend to gravitate more towards pictures of A line/full skirts.  I found this interesting, particularly because most of my wardrobe consists of straight skirts!

Below are some pictures I found which visually demonstrate what I think my core style is.




I can't wait for the next installment of the Wardrobe Architect!

No comments:

Post a Comment