Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ravellenic Games 2014

This year for the Ravellenic Games I thought I would REALLY try to challenge my knitting quota.  I feel like lately I haven't been finishing many things, so I thought this would be the perfect excuse to kick my knitting up a notch.  I entered into the Hat Halfpipe and WIPs Dancing.  The hat I knit for my husband for Christmas was so well received that I decided to knit him another for the Ravellenic Games.  I settled on Andi Satterlund's An Easy Beanie.  I finished the hat in only 10 days!

Here is the hat right after I finished it.  


...and after a few days of wear, it has stretched out nicely.


The second event I entered, WIPs Dancing, I wanted to finish the Peggy Sue sweater I've been working on. (Sidenote: I'm not sure if you can call it a true Peggy Sue sweater, since I made so many changes.  The only parts that resemble the Peggy Sue are the faux cabled ribbing and the moss stitch button band.  For the raglan construction, I followed Fringe Association's tutorial.)



 I really should have included sewing on grosgrain ribbon and the buttons in my Ravellenics goal, as those still aren't done. 

Here is a close up of the faux cabled ribbing.


I love love love this sweater so far!  I've worn it (sans buttons) a handful of times already.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing -- this sweater is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I REALLY need to get those buttons on it...

    ReplyDelete