Saturday, March 29, 2014

Red Wool Skirt Refashion

This post is LOOOOONG overdue.  I finished this refashion months ago, but could never take any good pictures for the blog.  The only pictures I had were taken in my mirror at work and are shoddy at best.  This weekend I finally committed to learning and mastering my cameras timer function, aperture priority and focus.  Whew!  I conquered the techniques and finally have some decent pictures to show you.  Without further ado, here is the post I wrote months ago and today's pictures.

I am so excited to show you guys this refashion!  It is one that I am most proud of to date!  It may not look like it was very difficult or time consuming, but it turned out absolutely PERFECT (which is why I'm so pleased).

I bought the skirt at a local thrift shop.  Like I do with everything from thrift shops, I washed it in hot water, knowing full well it might felt.  The fabric felted slightly, just enough to make it thick and cozy.

The skirt originally was bigger than my normal size and had elastic in parts of the waist band.  I decided to only remove the waist band and lining.  I then made pleats in both the front and back of the skirt to reduce the waist measurement to my size.

The pleats are sewn flat for about 2 inches to reduce bulk around my waist.  I slapped the zipper and waistband back on....and BAM!  A skirt!

Below are pictures of the inside of the skirt.  Apparently I was good last year because Santa brought me a serger!!!!  Check out those gorgeous serged seams.

Just because I have them, here are the shoddy pictures I was talking about!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment